Dear MUN Directors, Advisors, and Delegates,
We are excited to invite you to the first Model United Nations Conference (ACGMUN) organized by Pierce – The American College of Greece. The conference will take place Friday, March 31 – Sunday, April 2, 2017, at the premises of our school, in Aghia Paraskevi, Athens, Greece.
As citizens of this volatile and often troubling world, it is our obligation to be well-informed on issues that concern us all. MUN, as a simulation of the United Nations, gives students a chance to stand up for issues that matter in the world today. Conference delegates will research and prepare policy statements, and draft resolutions.
By participating, delegates increase their knowledge of diplomacy and develop the skills of critical analysis, public speaking, and negotiation. The Conference also offers students the opportunity to connect and form friendships beyond their community.
- A 3-day conference conducted in English, and open to secondary school students (ages 14-18)
- 4 General Assembly Committees:
Disarmament & International Security, Social and Humanitarian, Special Political & Decolonization and Legal
- 6 Specialized Committees:
The Security Council, ECOSOC, the World Health Organization, the Environmental Commission, the African Union and the International Court of Justice.
- Applications for the Secretariat – Friday, November 4
- Applications for Student Officers – Friday, November 18
- School Registration (Form I) – Still open
- Form II and payment – February 17, 2017
- ICJ applications for advocates and judges – Wednesday, December 14
All necessary forms and information on fees can be found on our website.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
|George Vakerlis||Olga Elaine Julius|
|Sherri Moshman||Christina Katsouli||ACGMUN Organizing Committee|
|MUN Advisor||MUN Advisor|